Saturday, May 23, 2015

Gummies

Occasionally the kids invite a couple friends over and we have a craft day. Today became one if those days.

We tried tissue paper painting, but I must have some low dye tissue paper because it didn't work. Then, we tried crepe paper. Again, it was a fail. Our craft day was becoming a bust.

I had to think fast, I had kids that were beginning to look bored. I quickly made homemade tempera paint powder - the kind used in Color Runs. We made powdery chalk looking pictures and glued tissue paper on them too.

Then, we made gummies. These were a fun, easy, and quick snack for the kids (and me) to make and eat! I cut them into star shapes. They were so cute and would be perfect for July 4th!

And being the resourceful person that I am, I wasn't going to waste the extras from around the shapes.

I may or may not have been caught eating it! I'll deny it all the way to the dentist!

No comments: