Thursday, March 20, 2014

Heavenly Hummus

I have FINALLY found and tackled an awesome recipe for hummus! I have had so much trouble perfecting the ratios. Of course, Little Bit and I ate all of it before realizing I hadn't taken any pictures! We ate it all gone! Fingers around the rims and corners, too. I am so excited about this. Hummus is one of my favorite sides / appetizers, but typically it is drenched in sodium.

Okay, so I promise to make it again in the next few days (probably tomorrow) and take pictures. Just be warned, the photographs may show little fingers in the hummus.

PENDING RECIPE & PHOTOGRAPHS

Heavenly Hummus

1 can drained chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
4 Tbsp tahini
1/2 cup lemon juice
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp garlic powder (can use minced our other form of garlic)
A dash of salt

Place first four (4) ingredients into blender and process. Add more lemon juice and / or olive oil as needed till creamy. Add garlic and salt. Then, finish blending. Enjoy with pita bread or veggies.


Posted via Blogaway

No comments: