Thursday, February 20, 2014

Blackberry Burst

I found this recipe in the Ninja Inspiration Guide that came with my Ninja Pro System 1100 from Sam's.

The first time I made this (Wednesday), I followed the recipe to the T, which is VERY difficult for me to do. I'm getting better though. Their recipe calls for orange juice. Delicious recipe, but I felt there was a smidgen too much orange juice. Oh, but look how beautiful!
 

So, the second time I adapted it a little, plus I absolutely forgot to use yogurt in this version. It's still really flavorful and yummy. Here's my version:

Blackberry Burst (adapted)
1 cup fresh blackberries
1 cup fresh blueberries
1/2 - 1 cup frozen strawberries
1 cup white grape juice

Place all ingredients in the pitcher, blend (on 3 with a Ninja) until smooth.


Ooooooh! Such a bright red!

 
 
It supposedly makes two servings, but I could drink all of it! I have to catch myself and separate it out. Lately, I've been using the second serving to make popsicles (that way I have a late night snack that's sweet, delicious, and healthy to boot).

I also have a freezer full of blackberries that we picked last summer at my mom's. Blackberries are great for Vitamin A, calcium, potassium, and antioxidants. Can't go wrong with that, can we?


 

 

No comments: